Friday, March 12, 2010

Coming Home

Well, we started out life without names, and then after a dark time filled with needles and anesthesia, we were Izzy and Gizmo. After that, we learned we were going to be going to a new home, and with that our names would change again, but it would be worth the sacrifice, they told us, because it was going to be like living in a playground. Plus, one of our new sisters' names is Izzy, so we couldn't have that. And because we weren't too attached to the names anyway, we agreed.

On the way to our new home we had no names, and then we became Truman and Franklin-- a little too nerdy for us you understand-- so we had a talk with our daddy, while mommy was asleep, and we convinced him to give us something a little more butch. And now, we are Deacon and Duke.

This is a picture of Duke, he's the bigger and braver of the two of us, though when we first met our new adoptive parents, he was the most on edge. We didn't bite, but I think he was afraid that we would get more needles. But once we got home, where we are now, he was the first to play with the wheel, the first to climb the ramp, the first to crawl through the tunnel, and the first to let daddy hold him. I even heard him making happy noises while he got pets and scratches. I don't know if I am quite ready for that yet, though mom keeps trying.

This is me.

I think I am going to like the name Deacon. It's strong, like a warrior, or a prince. And, I am definitely being treated like a prince so far. I'm not quite sure what a lot of these toys in our new home are for, but I think they might be fun. I'll let Duke try them out first, and I'll find out later. I think Duke fits him too because he is definitely like a big scary cowboy with a heart of oats.

We have a ton of new siblings here, but they are all friendly, just like at the rescue. We have two cat siblings, Brutus, the only other boy in the house, besides the dragon we hear about but never see. The other is named Luna, and she likes to watch us as much as we like to watch her, but we are not afraid of each other.

Then there are the dogs, Maggie and Izzy. We're not quite sure about them yet, but we would like to be friends I just don't know if they would too, or if they want to put us in their mouths. I don't know why they would, I am sure we don't taste very good, and they have tons of yummy dog food and cat food in the places we can't go.

Besides the dragon Charlie, we also have a gecko sister Kharma and a tarantula sister Ming Lee, but daddy says we can't see them because it could be dangerous for all of us.

Long story long, I think I am going to like it here, and I think Duke will too. I'll be sure to share lots of photos. These first two are from the rescue. Mommy took them to show her friends. Now, we are sure to get tons of beauty shots in the new home.

Peace,
Deacon

0 comments: